Monday, April 19, 2010

Laughter is the Best Medicine


Greetings friends and strangers! Tonight, I am going to embark on a journey of happiness. For those that know me, you are probably thinking, "Who is this and what have you done with Brandon!?" Well sometimes, even when you feel like curling up into a ball in some hole in the woods, you have to count your blessings. That's one good way out of that hole. Anyhow, back to happiness. This weekend was pretty nice. I had the opportunity to spend time with some dear old friends, and to hopefully make some new friends. To have people you can call friends is pretty special. There are many people that go throughout life that either don't have time for friends, or are too concerned with getting ahead in life, therefore walking all over people that might otherwise be friends. I won't even get into the people that are too strange to have friends, this might divert us from the journey. I am fortunate to have people that overlook my bad qualities (and there are many) and accept me for who I am. I am not saying I don't try to change those bad traits, my friends are just patient while I am working those things out. Heck, I have a few friends that has been patient with me as long as I can remember, even if I have been working on not being a blunt jerk for that entire time. (Believe it or not, it's gotten better.)


It was a nice variety of settings that our interactions took place. One night it was with good wine (or in my case, beer) and good food around a fire the next night it was at a giant round table in a restaurant, also with good beer and good food. Another common thread was laughter. To put it simply, laughing is pretty great. It seems that for that period of time when you are laughing with friends, all the troubles that we all battle in the daily rat race take a back seat. I believe this can have a healing affect. I'm no doctor, but if your blood pressure goes down, and even for a short time you can just relax instead of being so blasted tense, that has to be good for you. So, my prescription for life is laughing with friends. Do take with alcohol. Will not cause drowsiness. Take on a full stomach. Please take as directed.

1 comment:

  1. Try not to drink milk during those times of laughter. I hate it when it comes out my nose.

    ReplyDelete