Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Has Sprung


As I was pulling up to the neighborhood coffee shop, I noticed there were no parking spots near the popular coffee emporium. I drove about half a block down, parked and hopped out of the truck into the delightful warm sun. As I walked to the coffee house, in my shorts and t-shirt, I was reminded of a few short weeks ago when the same thing happened. Only then it was about 14 degrees, I had my winter coat on, and flannel lined jeans. I thought to myself, "It's funny how you don't mind parking a little ways away when the weather is nice."


A couple days after the trip to the coffee shop, I had some things I needed to do around the house. After running up stairs and downs stairs for a while I started noticing how warm it was getting in the house. I figured the thermostat must have been set too high. But to my surprise the heat wasn't on, yet it was 76 degrees in the house. I needed some things out in my garage, which detached from the house. I stepped out and I couldn't believe hot warm it was. I checked the thermometer and it said 85! I thought to myself, "So that's why it's so hot in the house!". Next thing you know I am greeted by two slobbering, panting, and hot English Mastiffs. I noticed their massive water bowls were all but empty, aside from a thick gelatinous liquid that most definitely was not water. I then empty the Mastiff goo out of the water bowls and refilled them. The dogs greedily lapped up the water in nothing flat. I headed to the garage to get what I needed and as I approach the dogs, they both are still looking quite hot. So, I grabbed a rag to wipe off their dripping faces, and asked them if they wanted to come in. Usually at that point they will either come in if they want to, or stay outside if they don't. When I asked them, they just both plopped down in the sun, and one even rolled over on her back. Even the dogs are happy winter is over.


Today I was driving around a bit, and I noticed a Magnolia tree was starting to blossom. Seeing that made me what to jump up and down, but I was driving so I thought it was better that I didn't. A few blocks down, a tree is starting to get it's leaves. As I continued on I see a Maple tree budding out. Then I get home and notice how green our grass is getting. I looked beside the garage where I planted Vinca Minor last year and the plants had hundreds of little flowers about to bloom.


Oh my goodness! It happened! The winter from a frozen over hell has ended. The scientist said it had to happen but I was starting to doubt them. The worst winter I can ever remember is done, and spring has sprung. (I'm a poet, and didn't knowit.) Yippy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment