Wednesday, July 8, 2009

He Sank Like a Stone!


I have decided to learn how to SCUBA dive. I have a couple friends that have gotten their certification for diving, and it sounds like a lot of fun. I have to say though, I think it would be an expensive hobby. First of all, you have to get to some place where there is water worth diving in. I don't want to dive in some gravel pit, or mud bottom lake, so that will mean a trip to the ocean. That is expense number one. Before I can do that, I have to get certified to dive. I got a pretty good deal and it's still a heap of money. Before I can take my certification class, I have to buy SCUBA gear. Mask, $35. Snorkel, $10. Dive boots, $25. Fins, priceless. Just kidding, they are actually anywhere from $50 all the way up to $200. Guess which pair I decided on. The funny thing is, I put on the $50 pair, and I was so excited they didn't hurt my feet like those $5 ones that were at the pool the last time I went swimming. You know the kind I'm talking about. There is no left or right foot, they are just straight, and your foot has to conform to them rather than the fin conforming to your foot. My point is, as long as they aren't like those fins, I don't know what I am missing with the more expensive pair anyhow. So as you can see, it's a lot of money for something you are only going to get to do once maybe twice a year. Fortunately, there is a guy I know that lives in Grand Cayman. So, all I have to do is go to the island, and I am set. Just don't tell him, because I really don't know him that well, so I will have to do it while he is up here on the main land.


I start my classes this weekend. So, should I drown, who is willing to carry on my blogging torch? If you are willing, I will bequeath all my advertising revenue to you. That's right, and no need to thank me.

2 comments:

  1. If you drown, can I have your $50 fins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We would be proud to carry on your amazing tradition that you have done for so long (2 months). And, of course, reap the enormous rewards of your ad revenues ($1.50 per month). Only one thing stands in the way of this vast privilege: we don't live in Lincoln. Maybe we could change it to stuck in stinkin' Omaha, but just doesn't have the same ring to it. Rats!! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete