Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Milwaukee's Best


First off, to all of my fans, I am so sorry for not being around for the last several days. My wife and I went to Beer USA, also known as Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was a pretty cool town. Much cooler than I thought it would be, to tell you the truth. Sorry to my readers who may have kin-folk from there. Although, why didn't you share this gem of the Midwest with me earlier. If you haven't been there, let me try to draw you a picture of it. Beer, especially German beer, brauts, and fried fish are a way of life. Normally, I am a gin and tonic kinda guy. But, when in Rome.... So, I got my fill of Hefe-Weissen and Miller's. One of the highlights to the trip was going to a steakhouse that has been around since the 60's. It's called 5 o'clock Steakhouse. I am not really sure why, because we had reservations for 4:30, so dinner doesn't start at 5 o'clock. Anyhow, it was amazing! I saw it reviewed by Rachael Ray. She listed it as one of the 10 best steakhouses in the country. I don't have enough information to call it one of the 10 best, however, I will say it was the best steak I have ever had in my life. If I had the means, I would fly back once a year just to get that steak. Plus, I wouldn't waste my time with side dishes. I would just get the biggest steak I could down in one sitting. Maybe a little salad, because that was pretty good, too. But, no bread, although, that was also amazing. Hot sour dough with butter and honey. Holy cow, I just had to wipe the drool from my mouth. I may just have to get a second mortgage on the house to support my new char-grilled steak habit. Thanks a lot Rachael Ray! (On a side note, how does that chick not weigh 350 pounds? Have you seen her eat?)

4 comments:

  1. Good beer, good food, and a fat Rachel Ray. What more could a guy ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's pronounced mee-lee-wah-kay, Algonquin for "the good land".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture HAS to be fake, cuz you don't like them kinda mushrooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They didn't ask if I wanted mushrooms or not, it just came that way. They didn't ask you how you wanted much of anything. It was the type of place that says, "This is the way we do it, if you don't like it, get out."

    ReplyDelete