Friday, July 10, 2009

ZOOM ZOOM Ain't Got Nothin' On This!


I am a car guy. Always have been, always will be. That is unless cars are all done away with and we go back to riding horses. But until then, I will admire the wonderful invention that is the automobile. I am especially enamored with classic muscle cars. Give me a GTO, 442, or Camaro any day over the over engineered buggies we ride around in today. Those cars were 4 tires on a hunk of steel, with a seat, a steering wheel and a 350 horse power engine. But, if I could choose any car, I would have to go with a Corvette. As far as a year, I am not too picky. I would take anything between the years of 1968 and 1972 and if someone gave me one, I would take a '73. I would want it to be red (for Husker game days, of course), and I go back and forth on whether I would want a convertible or if t-tops would suffice. Oh, and without a doubt, it would have to be a manual transmission, because I want to do my part for the economy by laying rubber from here to Omaha and as a result have to purchase new tires every couple of months. As for an engine, well, I am sure I will get strung up by my thumbs by all the "Go Green!" people, but I would want a gas guzzling 454 Big Block. Yep, I would be able to pass everything except a gas station. The reason I lean towards a 'Vette is one simple reason: They are FAST! You see, the boys at GM figured out a way to get an already powerful vehicle to be even faster. They got rid of the heavy steel body and planted a fiberglass body in it's place. This knocks off 300 pounds compared to a GTO. Most likely then, you could race a GTO with a linebacker in your trunk (for traction) and still win.

Hopefully this has given you some gift ideas. My anniversary is coming up in September, and I know my wife would love a Corvette for our anniversary. If that doesn't work for you, my birthday is September 29th. Personally, I don't celebrate birthdays, but that shouldn't get in the way of your observance of the pagan ritual. If that doesn't work for you, there is always Christmas or Hanukkah. Once again, I don't participate in either pagan ritual, but if you want to do it, I don't judge you. If that is what you want to do, I can't stop you.

1 comment:

  1. My wife has a theory about guys in corvettes. I'll let her share it with you later:) I'm somewhat of a mopar guy. Love the road runners and cudas!

    ReplyDelete