Sunday, September 20, 2009

Huskers...Ugh...


Oh Husker football. How you have the ability to make me feel euphoric one moment and devastated the very next. You give me hope for only the reason of being able to rip it away. You make me believe but it's only a lie. Yet, I continue to come back for more. Like a dog that is kicked by his owner, when you flash me that Big Red steak, I will come running back, happy and dumb, for yet another kick. This Saturday was no different. Late in the fourth quarter I was sure we were going to win. Even when VT got the ball with under 2 minutes left in the game, I felt it was in the bag. After all, Tech had been having trouble all day long moving the ball. Surely the defense would be more focused and stingy than they had been up to that point. But, what it comes down to is championship caliber teams already know how to seal the deal. The only problem was VT was the team that knew how to win. Nebraska has yet to learn that. After being losers for so long under Callahan they still don't have that confidence that VT has. I am willing to bet that VT never lost their confidence. They never felt like they were going to lose. I only hope that Bo, Carl, Watson and their players learn from this experience. My guess is they have. If anything it has made them more hungry. Plus, Bo isn't going to let them take a step back. Here is my prediction for the rest of this season: Nebraska doesn't lose another game this year. They will be the Big XII champions and they will play in a BCS game. Sometimes, you have to take a step back before you can take two steps forward. (See 1996 Huskers.) I think they will realize what they need to do to win from here on out. Oh, and hide the women and children this coming Saturday. It's going to get ugly. I feel an old fashioned butt-whoopin' comin'! The Cajuns won't be the ones Ragin'. No, it will be Bo and company taking out some hostility on those poor fellers from Louisiana. Break out the fava beans and nice Chianti. Ragin' Cajuns, it's what's for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment