Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update 3

Maybe I shouldn't be counting the days. It makes them drag. Like they say, a watched pot never boils, but an unwatched pot boils immediately. Regardless, I have pretty much made it through another day unscathed. Yogurt for breakfast, chicken chili for lunch, salmon and veggies for dinner. I started to drink a coke today, but guilt made me stop half way through. Other than that, it's been a good day. The only thing, I didn't do much in the way of exercise. I did want to go for a run today, but I think I tweaked my ankle a bit the other night when I did that run. It never fails. I am what they call, injury prone. If I were in the NFL, fantasy football leagues would be drafting me in the final round, even if I were a great player, just because I would be sure to miss some games because I hurt something. Anyhow, though I didn't do any official exercise, it's funny how when you are on a diet/workout kick that everything becomes a workout. You end up taking the stairs when you could take the elevator. You pick up something heavy and you squeeze your muscles to get some good out of that one lift. You try to do things with good form so maybe, just maybe, it will have some benefit in losing those unwanted pounds. So, what I am doing right now, is every time I bring this glass of beer to my lips, I work my biceps. Then, when I return the glass to the table, I squeeze my triceps. It's almost like a super set. Hmmmm, I wonder if I should do more than just one set?

No comments:

Post a Comment