Thursday, September 10, 2009

Update 2

Okay, fresh off of work, here I am to give you the inside scoop to my weight loss efforts. Today was not as good as yesterday, I guess. I got up and had lunch because it was that time of day. I had a bowl of White Chicken Chili and a dinner roll. I wasn't hungry when I went to work, strangely enough, so when I got home, I was starving. Which can be dangerous. The frozen pizza was calling my name! But I resisted and had a cold chicken breast, cooked of course, but left over from dinner the other night. Still hungry, I had a small bowl of soup and I had a beer with my meal. I am now sipping on some water and going to sleep. I think one of my biggest problems is I probably don't eat enough. So, my body is always in starvation mode. It burns up all the carbs and leaves the fat behind. Funny how the body works. I wish there was a button I could push to let it know we aren't in a famine, I am just trying to drop some pounds. For "exercise" today, I worked. I had to strip two bathrooms and elevator, all by hand because they were such small areas. Normally I would break out a machine and let it do the work. But instead, I worked my butt off for 5 hours without stopping. I kind of think all this work I have been doing lately on the garage and at floor jobs is the reason I have been losing weigh without trying lately. It's funny, when people first start working for me, they almost always lose 10-20 pounds. Between the walking and the manual labor we do, it melts our new guys down to size. Hopefully, it will melt me down to about 175 lbs.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they're losing the weight and you're picking it up out of sympathy. Like when a man gains weight during his wife's pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to my employees, I have little sympathy for them.

    ReplyDelete