Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Friends Rock!

Friends are pretty cool. I am fortunate enough to have many friends. Friends of all different shapes and sizes. Friends of all different colors. Friends of all different ages. Friends old and new. I am also fortunate enough to have, at the minimum, 7 close friends that I cannot remember a time when I did not know them. Being an only child, I consider some of them as my brothers. Friends make fun times all the more enjoyable. But above all, friends make tough times, bearable. There is nothing better than when a friend asks you how you are doing, and you know that they really want to know. There is also nothing more telling as when a person you think is a friend asks you how you are doing and you tell them the truth and their eyes glaze over within two sentences. Then again, if you are one of those people that when asked how you are doing and you say, "Oh, horrible! I can't figure out whether to go to Tahiti or Australia for my vacation this month. It is really wearing on me." This is especially unacceptable if your friend just had a kidney stone, his mom is in the hospital and his wife just lost her job. I am sure none of you are one of those people. I only have quality people reading my blog. So, tell me, how are doing? Thank God for friends!

2 comments:

  1. Hey friend, how are you doing? Can I borrow some money? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surrrre! Oh, that reminds me, we have decided to put tile in every square of the house. Thanks for offering to do it for free! (That's probably why you would need to borrow some money.)

    ReplyDelete