Sunday, June 7, 2009

iPhone? No, I Brandon.


I joined a cult yesterday. Don't worry, it's harmless. It is the iPhone cult. All hail Steve Jobbs! As you all know from a previous post (if you don't know, go back and read all my posts and send me a 2000 word essay on all my blogs by Friday!), I destroyed my phone last weekend. On top of that my contract with Alltel/Verizon has expired. Due to two very distinct facts, 1) Verizon is expensive, and 2) I am cheap, I have decided to change carriers. I did a little research, and AT&T seems to be the best for the money. I went into the AT&T store with a very open mind, if anything I was a little leery of the iPhone. Could it really be that great? I didn't look at the iPhone until the very end. First I looked at a couple Motorola and Blackberry phones. I am lost without an appointment calendar in my phone. Plus, it has become a handy luxury to have internet access on the go. Never know when I might want to blog about something. I then went and looked at the iPhone. After tinkering with it for a few minutes, I decided I was going to go with a Motorola. My friend has a similar one, and I used it after my phone was crushed in South Dakota, and I liked it. Enter salesman. He says, "It's fine if you want to get the Motorola, but what usually happens is people go home and then realize how cool the iPhone is and end up coming back to trade in their phone for an iPhone the next day. So, I will just save you a trip, you have to get the iPhone. Every salesperson here has an iPhone, nothing compares. If you get the iPhone and don't like it, bring and back and I will give you a 10% discount on the Motorola."


Of course I said, "SOLD!" I have now had it for 24 hours, and I have to say, it really is that great. I even got this case for it. It's a military grade case. Hard plastic goes over the iPhone, and a rubber skin goes over the plastic. I am sure I will find a way to break the only vulnerable spot, the screen. I guess I should be okay as long as I don't keep a multi-tool in the same pocket and then throw my body on the ground. But who would be stupid enough to do that.

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm cheaper. In ten years, that phone will be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard an interview with former astronaut, Sally Ride. She said the new iPhone has more technology and can do more things, than the first space shuttle technology.

    ReplyDelete