Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!! AWWWWCHOO!!!

This is going to be a short one because I am dead tired. But, I just noticed something and I have to share. I was looking at a website that documents the Dave Matthews Band's shows. I just wanted to see what the setlist was from last night. On that same page, they display the shows that the band has played on that particular date. Well, according to that website, it is my 5 year anniversary for the first DMB show I ever saw. Yep, 5 years ago I went to Bonner Springs, Kansas to see Dave and the boys. You may be saying, "Gee, thanks for sharing...", but that isn't what I found interesting. You see, 5 years ago on this date, I was sicker than a dog. I had a fever, and was trying desperately to get over the cold I had. I decided to go ahead and go to the show for two reasons: 1) I am cheap and didn't want to waste the ticket I purchased, and 2) I didn't want to disappoint the buddy I was going to the show with since he had the other ticket. For those reasons I gritted my teeth, popped some Sudafed and headed off to Kansas. But, what I find strange is that I am sick on this very same date, 5 years later. Does that mean anything? Is it perhaps allergies? Or is it just a big coincidence? OR could it be a conspiracy by the government!? Let's just say I will be paying closer attention to my DMB anniversary to see if I am sick every time. And to ward off the government and mind reading gizmos, I will be putting tin foil over my windows and make a tin foil hat. That'll stop 'em!

3 comments:

  1. For many years, kevin (not his real name) was sick on our wedding anniversary Every Year!
    Oh and Liv (not her real name) says to tell you that her first dave show was in 1999. TEN YEARS AGO! or 5 years before your show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and my security word was mimphouc.........and why is there a handicap button? Like, if i'm in a wheelchair I need a special handicap word to post on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. good times my friend :). i hope to go see them again sometime

    ReplyDelete