Friday, August 28, 2009

Swimming With the Fishes

My first SCUBA trip is set. I have my passport, I have my plane ticket, I have a place to stay, and some SCUBA buddies to go with. Now all I need is some spending money. If you would like to help out, please send certified checks and/or money orders to my Paypal account. We also accept stocks, bonds, scrap gold, and real estate. We are going to Grand Cayman. I have never been there and am very excited. I have always wanted to go to an island. Of course, I have always dreamed of going while it was negative 20 degrees here in Stinkin' Lincoln and 85 degrees on the island. But, I can't afford such a trip. I can barely afford this one. Actually, I am lucky to be going at all. We actually have a ton of things going on the week that I will be gone and the week that I get back. My wife told me to go by myself so I don't forget all the SCUBA lessons I took and end up failing my open water certification. Yep, I got a great gal! She is going to mind the store while I am basking in the sun. If you know my wife, she wouldn't have had fun on the trip anyhow. She is not capable of detaching from life. Me, I am perfectly capable of not thinking about my problems for a week and then dealing with them when I get back. But, then I dread getting back to the problems. So, I see where she is coming from. Anyhow, I look forward to my little trip with my bestest buddy and swimming with the fishes. Hopefully they don't eat me.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing like being on an island during hurricane season. Probably no different than living in Lincoln during tornado season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hope is, since Cayman got hit a couple years ago, they will be out of the cycle for a while. Besides, it might be kinda fun to ride out a hurricane! But I love weather. Call me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you ARE crazy!!! You might be able to go to the highest point on the island (five feet) along with thousands of other islanders and tourons, or just let the building your in collapse on you, Which ever, you're still DEAD. I don't grieve for crazy people. DAD P.S. Except your Mothers sisters.

    ReplyDelete