Friday, May 1, 2009

Don't Burn the Pig

My two cents worth about Swine Flu. Everybody needs to sit back, take a deep breath, and calm down. I am not saying that it's nothing of consequence, because it is. But, it is not nearly as horrible as the media wants us all to believe. I had a doctor's appointment today for something unrelated (sorry, that is all I can say because of HIPAA), and I decided to ask him if Swine Flu was something I should be concerned about. He said, "No more concerned than you should be for Human Flu". He said they are virtually the same thing. He said a little under 4000 people die each year from the Human Flu, and we are no where near that so far. I am starting to believe that the media should be held accountable for their actions. I believe very strongly that the recession got much worse than it would have because the media kept saying that a recession was imminent. Jerks. Also, my favorite quote that has come out of this media hype was when a reporter asked Paris Hilton if she was concerned about getting Swine Flu. Her answer, "No, I'm not concerned. I don't eat pork." I was just impressed that she new that pork was swine and swine was pork. She ain't no dummy!

1 comment:

  1. Just imagine if pigs drove cars, the fatalities would be staggering! And how could you tell if Paris Hilton was vomiting from the swine flu or if she was just purging? By the way, had a good time this weekend hunting for the elusive fungi and fighting off the ticks (not chicks)!

    ReplyDelete