Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hot Springs Adventures

Well, I have left Stinkin' Lincoln and am writing this blog from Hot Springs, South Dakota. I have never been here before. It is a very beautiful place. Much like Colorado's foothills. Hot Springs itself is not the greatest town I've ever been to. I expected it to be a tourist town which it is, however, it is not in the class of tourist town that Steamboat Springs, Aspen or even Estes Park is. I will say it has a spectacular golf course. The course is even a municipal course. Usually city owned courses are not anything to write home about. But here I am writing home about it. According to Golf Digest, it is the number 1 rated municipal course in the country. I had a pretty good round of golf, especially having never played and adding to the equation, it was hard. But the most exciting thing that happened today was when I was looking for one of my golf balls in the tall grass and I almost stepped on a snake. This happened not once, but twice. The first time the group I was golfing with found it quite funny. One of the guys said they hadn't seen me move that fast in about 7 years. We have had an enjoyable time. Much laughter, and flatulence. Just the way all guy trips should be. Tomorrow we are planning to venture farther north. We will either do some spelunking at Wind Cave National Park, or checkout Mount Rushmore. Plus, we might hit the happening town of Rapid City. Not because we want to, but because we have to. I had a bit of an accident with my cell phone. We found out some people we know are staying in the room below us, so reverting to our younger days, we started jumping and falling on the floor to annoy them. The only thing we succeeded in doing was breaking my cell phone. I had a pocket knife, keys, my wallet and my phone in one pocket and when I fell, the many items all in one pocket proved to be too much for my cell phone. I have been wanting to get a new phone, but the timing is not good. But it is really hard to send and receive text messages when the screen is smashed to bits. Maybe I will just muddle through the rest of the week and do some deep research and get myself a dandy of phone. I will keep you posted. Tune in tomorrow for an update on our Hot Springs adventures.

3 comments:

  1. I find those flying drop kicks are best done wearing spandex. Have fun while you're there. Be careful of the snakes! They're everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was it a pocketknife............or a MULTI-TOOL?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe my MULTI-TOOL was the culprit. It's usually so handy, until now.

    ReplyDelete