Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!

When we stepped off the plane and made our way to baggage claim, it became very clear to Vanessa and I that we were not in Nebraska anymore. My wife and I have ventured out to several big cities, including New York. Las Vegas makes New York look ho-hum. Vegas is a freak show. The only thing that is missing is a bearded lady... no, a fully tattooed man... no.... It's all there. You got street vendors trying to sell you everything, most of it immoral. People walking around on the street with cocktail in hand. And I don't recall seeing a single police officer. Above all else, the cost to be there is prodigious. (Look that one up!) It may be inexpensive to get there right now. But don't be fooled my fine feathered friend, everything else is double the price it is here in the great state of Nebraska. Fortunately, no pun intended, we met up with some friends of ours on the second day we were there. My wife and I had never felt so out of our element. To have our friends arrive made this crazy place bearable. While I can say with complete confidence that it was an interesting experience, I can't say I will be going back soon... unless of course they have an incredible deal on Expedia.com again!

No comments:

Post a Comment